WMF Coffee Machines
- Carry out a complete cleaning of your coffee machine (incl. milk system). Repeat the complete cleaning cycle a second time.
- Disconnect the machine from power supply (pull main plug).
- Close on-site water supply. If machine has internal water tank, empty the water tank in the machine.
Important: The tank filter must be replaced when the machine is put back into operation, as it must not be dry.
- Depending on machine type and configuration, please clean the removable parts such as; milk foamer, milk hoses, steam nozzle, powder mixer, brewer, grounds container, bean/ground coffee/topping/choc hoppers according to instructions in user manual. Allow the cleaned parts to dry outside the machine, then reinstall.
Important: Depending on machine type and configuration, some individual components cannot be removed, refer to user manual.
- Clean and dry machine interior behind the grounds container.
- For coffee machines with grounds disposal through counter.
- Empty grounds container and rinse under running drinking water.
- Clean with a clean, damp cloth.
- Dry the coffee grounds container and replace it.
- For coffee machines with external water supply.
- Empty the external fresh water and waste water tank. Clean the water tanks according to instructions.
- For coffee machines in locations where there is a risk of frost.
- Place machines in a protected area. Contact technician for frost protection.
Coolers and Cup&Cool Units
- Switch off Cooler / Cup&Cool and disconnect from power supply.
- Empty and clean milk container. Dry and store outside the cooler.
- Clean the interior of the cooler with a damp cloth, allow to dry.
- Leave the door of the cooler slightly open to avoid possible odor.
- Carry out syrup cleaning (part of the coffee machine cleaning program).
- Remove syrup bottles.
- Clean and dry syrup station.
- Leave the door to the syrup station open to avoid possible residual moisture.
External Storage Urn (Thermal Container)
- Empty storage urns and clean them according to instructions in the user manual.
- Open on-site water supply. Connect machine to power supply.
- Flush filter system according to instructions (refer to user manual - water filter)
- Check that all removed parts have been cleaned are reinstalled correctly
- Carry out two complete machine cleaning cycles
- The coffee machine can be put back into operation
Advice concerning water filter in combination with fixed water supply:
After longer operating pauses, please flush the filter system with at least 20 liters of water.
If the filter system has been out of operation for more than 4 weeks, a new filter cartridge must be inserted.
Advice concerning water filter in combination with tank machines:
Insert a new cartridge according to the instructions in the user manual.
Recommendation for machine care in case of longer machine downtime (fixed water supply)
The filter change (see above - advice concerning water filter) can be avoided if you carry out the following tasks every two days:
- Connect machine to power supply
- Open water supply
- Switch on machine and dispense hot water at least 5 times
- Carry out system cleaning without cleaning tablet
- Switch off machine
- Disconnect machine from power supply (unplug)
- Close water supply
WMF recommends not to switch on the coffee machine only on the day of re-opening. Please test the function beforehand in order to contact your technician if required.
These instructions/advice reduce the probability of damage caused by a longer machine downtime. However, damage cannot be excluded. If damage occurs due to the downtime, its repair is not covered free of charge in the full maintenance contract.